Friday, August 27, 2010

Out For A Walk To Get A Loaf Of Bread This Morning,

Earlier this month, I was hanging out with my friend John R. He was telling that his favorite thing to photograph are flowers. He explained why. He said, "because with landscape and buildings...they are always going to be there, or will be there for a very long time. But a flower, it will only be there for a very short time. Then it dies."

My friend Steve in Wisconsin, every now and then, I check out the photos he takes. He takes lots and lots of beautiful photos of the pictures of the flowers that grow in his garden. His photos are beautiful and when I look at them, they help to cheer me up when I am feeling down and make me feel a peacefulness inside.


Both these guys have inspired me to take some pictures of flowers lately.

Me, I believe that flowers are a beautiful gift given to us by God... To make us feel nice feelings when we look at them or when they are given to us. Also, to make are world we live in a beautiful place.

I currently am not living in a beautiful neighborhood. It is quite ugly and tore up looking around here. But the few flowers I do actually see around here do help to bring a tiny bit of light and beauty to this ugly place. And that makes it not seem quite as bad. So as I went out for a walk this morning, I took pictures of the pretty flowers I saw along the way. I even got a bee in one.


Flowers & A Bee [Aug 27, 2010]


A Flower [Aug 27, 2010]


To see more of them, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment